Friday, June 30

Feeling the Love


Morning all!! I'm in love with life today because my children slept until 8:30. Which is really great, because the annual Hyrum fireworks are tonight, and we would really like to keep both the kids up for all the festivities. Ammon's paycheck was pretty great this week, so we're actually going to go get some fireworks of our own, which is something we've never done before. We're pretty excited. There's something about the Fourth of July that makes me feel very patriotic and warm and fuzzy. I don't know if it's heat exhaustion, or if it's actually the combination of the Cruise-In, the fireworks, and the fact that everybody has a free day off of work and school, but it always ends up being one of my favorite holidays. I love staying up late to watch the fireworks, and I love that Jeremy is finally old enough that he might actually make it this year. The last couple of years we have tried, and he has fallen asleep before they get started. I think all my good feelings are also related, in no small part, to the fact that Ammon and I will have been married for six years on Monday. We're celebrating Saturday night, so as to not interfere with the July 3/4 festivities. Still, sometimes when I look at him I can't believe that he's my husband, and that I'm so happy with him. Sorry guys, I don't mean to get all sappy on you, but it just feels good to put in writing how wonderful my husband and children are. I hope everyone has a happy Fourth!!

1 comment:

Colleen Henstra said...

Victoria:

This "blog" thing (who came up with that name anyway) is such a cute idea. I love seeing your boys, and I love the way you tell a story. Keep up with it, it's great to hear how you guys are doing!