Tuesday, October 16

Forbidden Fruit

Why is it that forbidden food tastes so much better? As I write this, I just finished a sugar cookie. A sugar cookie with a healthy dollop of vanilla frosting, which I colored orange yesterday in the spirit of Halloween. The kids are also having a snack, although theirs is decidedly less interesting than mine. I gave each of them a piece of bread and sent them to watch cartoons so I could sneak my treat in peace. It's not that I don't want the kids to have a sugar cookie, it's that they will insist on frosting, and that is what I'm opposed to. You see, if I give them orange frosting, then it will end up all over their clothes. It will end up on their faces, their fingers, and everywhere in between. Yesterday, Kadon even managed to get orange frosting in his hair. Seriously, how do you manage to eat a cookie, and smear it in your hair? I know, I know, I'm the mother of a two-year-old, and I shouldn't ask. That being said, I chose to sneak my cookie today, rather than eat it in the open and be obligated to share with them. I'm sure I won't get away with this forever, and quite frankly, that's an awful lot of cookies for me to eat the entire batch, even by stealth. However, I'd rather wait until a little bit closer to the appointed hour of their bath tonight. At least that way their Dad will be the one cleaning orange frosting out of curly blond hair.

On a brighter note, my friend Alisha arrives the day after tomorrow. She actually leaves Utah late tomorrow night, where she will fly to New York and spend 8 harrowing hours in a layover. She arrives here in Columbus about 12 hours after her expedition begins. I may even give her a cookie with orange frosting for her trouble.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Vic! Although I don't like frosting (you should know that by now!!) So, now you've got to think up something else (like cheesecake, choc chip cookies, the possibilites are endless....)
Alisha