Thursday, April 12

Baby Animal Days


Every year in our town there is a huge festival called Baby Animal Days, and I love to take my kids to it whenever I can. They always have lots of animal for the children to pet and hold, and there are usually several puppies for sale. This year, to our delight, there was an 'Instrument petting Zoo' that one of the music stores in town set up. They had every percussion instrument imaginable, and there was a gentleman there encouraging the children to play with everything and make as much noise as possible. The three little boys we had with us were hard to capture in picture because they were running so rapidly from instrument to instrument, but I snapped this picture of Kadon at exactly the right time, and I think it turned out adorable. All morning as we wandered around petting the animals, and then later as we sat on the grass to eat our lunch, we could hear the sounds of drums, tambourines, and maracas being played, and it was music to my ears. It's things like this festival that I'm going to miss when we leave Utah this summer, but I'm glad we got to enjoy it one last time.

No comments: