Tuesday, November 6

Brotherly Love

A few days ago, I laid Brooklyn on the bathroom floor while I took a quick shower. After I finished cleaning myself and getting dressed, she seemed fairly content, so I thought I'd take advantage of the opportunity to get the beds made and do some general cleanup in the bedrooms. After several minutes of cleaning, I noticed that there was disturbingly little noise from the bathroom, and that Kadon had disappeared. I nervously stepped around the corner, preparing myself to witness Kadon either mauling his sister or getting into trouble. What I saw was much sweeter, and much calmer. As you can see by the photo below, Kadon was laying on the floor next to his sister, with his arm protectively around her. As I watched, she spit out her pacifier and started to fuss, to which Kadon responded by gently putting her pacifier back in her mouth and putting his arm around her once again. Sometimes my children amaze me with their gentleness and love for one another when they think no one is watching.