Friday, November 2

Brrr

That's right, brrr. BRRRRRRRR. Autumn has officially set in here in southwestern Ohio. The fall colors are in their glory, there is a thick blanket of leaves on every surface, and the air has that certain bite to it. I find it ironic, now that I'm finally feeling up to more physical activity, that the temperature has taken a drastic drop. Now that my burgeoning belly has been emptied, my gruesome incision (seriously, it's about six inches, pretty nasty) has healed, and I'm even getting a reasonable amount of sleep (a 4 week old who routinely sleep 8 hours? How'd I get so lucky?!), now that I'm finally feeling like a normal person, the weather turns cold enough to make me think twice about venturing outside. However, in the spirit of perseverance, I forced myself to take the kids to the park today. I got some glorious pictures of the fall colors, and some cute pictures of the kids to boot. They had a marvelous time running around the playground, and after I added two extra blankets, socks, and a hat to their sister, she had a nice nap in her car seat. I even got a little bit of reading done between sessions of pushing them on the swing. Little boys can't get enough of being pushed on the swing, but what else is there to do on a lazy autumn day?

No comments: