Tuesday, December 18

Are there any lurkers out there?

I'm inspired by a post on another blog. When it comes to the blog world, I have an extensive collection that I check pretty regularly. Most of them are blogs of people that I, at least at one point in time, know personally. For some of these people, their blog, and mine, are the only ways we stay in touch. Some of the blogs I check are from people that I have met online, but still feel like I know them, and they know me. Other blogs? Blogs I have found through other blogs, blogs I found on Google while searching for something else, and blogs listed on the 'Blogger' mainpage. The people that write these blogs don't know me. They don't know that I am reading about sometimes intimate details of their lives, but I feel as though I know them well. In a strange, Internet sort of way, they are my close friends. This makes me wonder: are there any such lurkers out there? As far as I know, I've made this blog fairly hard to find if you don't know it's already here, but I'm wondering if somebody managed to find it anyway? I'm hoping if you're one such blog-reader, you'll comment and let me know. I don't mind if you don't use your name, or if you want to tell me all about yourself. I'm just curious.

No comments: