Wednesday, December 12

Hello out there?



I've been woefully absent yet again. We have all spent the last three weeks throwing ourselves into getting settled into our new home. After six months of feeling like a visitor in someone else's home, it feels so good to have a place of our own again. Our new ward is warm and welcoming, and there is even a nursery for Kadon to attend, a luxury we missed in our small Dayton branch. So far our neighbors seem nice, although we've only met a couple of them. Our apartment is starting to feel more and more like home, and my parents are planning a visit in January or February. Ammon's job is continuing to go well, and the kids are adjusting amazingly well to their new surroundings. I knew we were 'home' when the other day a small child showed up at my front door asking my children to come out and play. Such a small thing, but something I took for granted when we lived in Utah. In our old apartment complex, there was a plethora of children Jeremy's age and older to play with, and he had constant companions when he went outside. In Russ and Mary's neighborhood, this friendship was sorely lacking, as there were no small children nearby. I'm grateful to be settled again. I am finding it an adventure to locate simply things like a grocery store, a library, post office, and fabric store. I'm sure this year here will fly by, and then we'll be starting over again somewhere completely new, but for now, I'm happy to be right where we are.

No comments: