Thursday, December 17

Today I...

...fed three children breakfast and got Jeremy off to school on time.

...made an omelet, and ate half. Kadon and Brooklyn at the other half.

...watched my landlord install a new sump-pump in my basement.

...did spinning at the YMCA for 35 minutes.

...attended the first half of yoga, after spinning.

...made a quick phone call to my sister, en route to a playdate.

...had lunch with two friends while the children ran rampant around the house.

...took Kadon to preschool, where I signed up to provide a game at the Christmas party tomorrow.

...took Brooklyn to Wal-Mart, where I was able to get a few groceries, gifts for Kadon's teachers, and a few things for the kids stockings.

...drove home, tried to put Brooklyn down for a nap, put the groceries away, and finished watching the movie I rented from Redbox two days ago while she chattered in her crib.

...got Brooklyn out of her crib, asked Jeremy about his day, and drove to preschool to pick Kadon up.

...made a drive-by the location for Kadon's preschool Christmas concert, so I wasn't groping for directions in the dark.

...fortified my reserves during Happy Hour at Sonic.

...stopped at Kroger to return the Redbox movie, and picked up the Kroger-specific weekly sale items, along with a few more things for Christmas that were a better price than what there was available at Wal-Mart.

...drove home, unloaded the car again, and made the kids put all the cold groceries away.

...yelled instruction from the bathroom for Jeremy to make Ramen Noodles for dinner.

...showered.

...helped prepare Ramen noodles.

...got dressed.

...helped serve Ramen.

...blow dried my hair.

...threatened children to either "eat quickly, or go hungry!".

...skipped dinner, applied makeup, and jumped back in the car to go to the concert.

...crammed 4,000 people into a room meant to hold 400. Strained to see Kadon, who refused to sing.

...chatted briefly with Kadon's teachers.

...drove to Sonic to get myself a sandwich. Skipping dinner wasn't such a great idea.

...drove to the church to attend choir practice.

...accompany the choir, since I am the only female that was able to stay and sing, and the accompanist didn't show up.

...left choir practice when the accompanist finally got there, loaded cranky, screaming, exhausted children into the car.

...drove home, again threatening all manner of punishment if the children didn't go immediately and quietly to bed.

...kissed each child, and tucked them into bed.

...shut the doors, breathed a sigh of relief, and picked the house (mostly) up.

...sat on the couch, able to breathe for the first time in 13 hours.

I meant to do more of an update tonight, even posting pictures. As you can see, I'm exhausted. It's not going to happen. Maybe tomorrow will be better?

5 comments:

Susan said...

Whew....you make me tired.....however; for real, I use to have days like that when my kids were small.....we get through don't we ;)

Camara said...

Those types of days are soooo exhausting. It seems like I am getting more and more of those lately with the holidays just around the corner. There are always more things I could do on my list, but normally only about 1/2 of them get done when there is so much to do. Very productive day though...Im proud of you!

Anna Dutson said...

Wow! You are amazing!

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

i wondered why you didn't stay and wrap candy bars and make cards with us....
now i know :)
i too am hoping things slow down after christmas.
fingers crossed for you as well

Mimi Collett said...

Wow that was quite a day!! We sure appreciated you accompanying the choir. I think you're wonderful, and I hope you only have days like that once a year!! (Or less.)