Wednesday, September 6

Labor Day BBQ



On Monday, labor day, we had a BBQ that we invited my parents too. We were able to borrow a grill from one of my neighbors, and we grilled Cornell chicken. My parents were planning to be there at 5 o'clock, and at 4 o'clock, we were all sitting in the living room, and Mary and Ammon decided that the coffee table needed to be refinished to match the dining room table. They hauled the table downstairs, and while I chased the kids, chatted with my mother and tried to generally control the chaos; Russ entertained us all with his singing between turning and basting the chicken; and Ammon and Mary sweated over the coffee table. They were even able to get the neighborhood kids involved! It is now Wednesday, and the coffee table is still sitting out on my patio. Mary is going to put one more coat of varnish on the table this afternoon, and we'll let is it sit outside and cure until tomorrow night, and should be able to use it my Friday morning. I'm glad that they decided to get it done, because it looks really great, and I know it will give us many more years of use. When we get some photos of it completed, I'll post those too. Hope you all can forgive me for not being more updated on here!

1 comment:

The Van Orman Gang said...

Want to refinish my coffee table and rocking chair now???