Friday, September 15

Pretty Pedicure


Last week, to belatedly celebrate my birthday, my father had the brilliant idea that my mother and I should go get tandem pedicures. Never having had a pedicure before, and always eager to take advantage of my father's generosity, I was anxious to oblige his goodwill gesture. Hence, last Thursday morning my mother and I ended up in side by side pedicure chairs getting our feet pampered. I have to say, it was one of the most divine, relaxing experiences of my lifetime, and I wish that we would strike it rich soon so that I could justify the megabucks to get it doe on a regular basis. Plus, the girly pink I chose to adorn my toes makes me feel all warm and fuzzy every time I look down too!
I know it's been a while since I posted, and it seems like all the sudden my life has gotten really busy! Ever since Mary and Russ left earlier this week I have been kept running with various activities during the day. On Tuesday I started a new Institute Class on the Doctrine and Covenants that is being taught at the stake center out in Hyrum. I didn't think it would be very crowded, and several of the ladies in our ward, including a couple of close friends signed up to take it. Well, apparently your breathe the word 'nursery provided' within earshot of relief society, and the stampede begins. The poor nursery leaders were inundated with the 'children of Israel' and I believe the final count for the first week was 35 children. Even Kadon stayed in the nursery most of the time, and I have high hopes for the next 9 weeks. I'm really excited about the class, and am hoping to learn a lot about the book that I am the last familiar with. Ammon also took a business trip this week, and our women's ensemble got together this morning to practice, and I'm watching my friends little boys tonight so she and her husband can get out for a hot date. The chaos never ends for the weary, apparently!