Friday, November 10

Slipping Away

Wow, I can't believe it's been Monday since I posted on here. This week has slipped right away! Kadon is slowly getting over his cold. The early part of this week was pretty hectic, I took him to the doctor on Monday afternoon and we got some different asthma medications for him, along with a steroid shot in the leg to help him get over the asthma symptoms that his yucky cold brought on. I'm hoping that we don't have to go through this every time he gets a cold this year, but there's no way to tell. This one wasn't too bad, the biggest complaint for us was his disrupted sleep pattern. For several days the latest he slept was about 6:10 am, and the longest nap he took during the day was about 40 minutes. His illness happened to coincide with a business trip for Ammon, so it made for a very tired and frustrated Mommy by the middle of the week! Luckily, he took a two hour nap yesterday which was wonderful, and slept until just after 6:30 this morning, so hopefully he's turning the corner and will continue to improve from here on out.
Ammon is continuing to do well in school, he is preparing to take a major certification test at the first part of next week. He took the class final last Friday, and got an 80%, so we have high hopes that he'll do well and receive his certificate. I forget the name of the certification he's trying to get, but it's a very important one in the scheme of his schooling, and will take us one major step closer to being done with those whole schooling process, so we're very excited! I'll post later next week when we hear what his results are, but please keep him in your prayers.
Jeremy is his normal cheerful, busy self. He's onto his last week of preschool next week, and I think he's really going to miss it. Every day when he comes home he has a very large smile on his face, and is full of lots of stories about what they did that day in 'school'. It's been really good for him, and I'm looking into options as far as keeping him in some kind of schooling when this is over. I'm not sure what we can afford, but I think it will be good for him if I can get him in something at least a couple of days a week (and I wouldn't cry for the break, either :)
Anyway, sorry it's been so long since I posted, I'll try to be better about it next week. Hope all is well with everyone, we send you our love from our little town in Utah!

No comments: