Monday, September 17

Brothers


I couldn't resist posting this photo. It's my boys at their copycat best. It never fails to amaze the lengths to which they will go in attempting to copy each other, all the while telling each other 'leave me alone!'. Lately, we have been battling the 'He's touching me!' battle, especially in the car. These two brothers, who are both the best of friends and the worst of enemies, battle nearly every time we get into the car to go somewhere. I'm actually looking forward to next week when I will install Brooklyn's car seat. The plan from the beginning was to move Kadon back to the furthest bench, and leave Jeremy and Brooklyn together on the shorter middle bench. At the time, we patted ourselves on the back for coming up with an arrangement that would allow Jeremy to be able to assist his young sister during long car trips. However, we did not foresee the added bonus of separating our battling brothers. Hopefully it will be at least a couple of years before Jeremy and Brooklyn get into the same type of arguments. I have suddenly reached an understanding of the reasons that my parents seemed to walk around with a perpetual headache when my siblings and I were younger. Amidst the constant shouts of 'He's touching me!' to 'He hit me!' to 'Make him stop!', it's no wonder they simply wanted to crawl into a dark room and hide.

No comments: