Monday, June 1

Technicolor Pancakes

The other day I had left some food coloring out on the kitchen counter after a friend borrowed it. Like most curious children, the boys found it and were curious as to what it was used for.

"To color food." I replied.
"What kind of food?" They asked.
"I don't know....pancakes, I guess." I shrugged.

The next night, I had no dinner plans. Our conversation returned to me, and I decided to whip up some technicolor pancakes. First thing first, though--Jeremy wanted to play with the camera and take a few pictures of me. In this one he commanded that I pose like this, and I thought it was pretty entertaining. Fashion photographer in the making?





As you can see, I completed the dish with colorful plates and bright yellow scrambled eggs. Once I convinced Kadon that the colorful pancakes tasted just like normal, life was good and dinner was inhaled. Since then, I have experimented with purple milk (neither boy liked it) and last night I made a blue cake. Who knew those four plastic tubes could be so much fun?

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hahahahaha...I love it. Especially with smaller children. Food can be fun, thus they will eat!! I do this as well. I had red and green pancakes one Christmas morning. I have had green food coloring in different foods for St. Patty's Day. I love making multi color cupcakes. It is fun!!!

Joanna said...

That looks pretty nasty!