Saturday, May 30

Fun With Color

Brooklyn has been experimenting with color lately. Some of her creations have not been so successful, as seen below: Luckily, the sheets needed to be washed anyway, so I quickly took them off the bed and soaked them in a little bit of bleach before I washed them. They came out snowy white again--at least, until I noticed the other day that she has since colored on my sheets again, but this time down on the edge of the bed where it wasn't as noticeable. I haven't tried to get that stain out yet, but I'm guessing that since I didn't see it right away like I did these stains, it's probably not coming out. I'm trying to tell myself it's just a mark of a healthy, creative child. Brooklyn has also learned about climbing on top of things to reach higher than she could otherwise. She has a small ride-on toy downstairs that i sconstantly being pushed over to the drawers where I store my spare markers and highlighters. To soem degree, I've given up trying to stop her, and simply tried to teach her 'no' when she reaches for the markers. It would probably make more sense to simply move the set of drawers, but I don't know where they would go. Pieces of paper left within her reach are not safe. She doesn't generally rip or crinkle because her favorite activity is to scribble. In a house where everybody likes to write and draw, a pencil is almost always nearby. The top of my computer desk has a myriad of faint scribbles on it. I suppose such is life with a busy toddler and two active boys?
Not all of her experiments have been in vain, though. A few weeks ago on a lazy Sunday afternoon, I piled the kids onto my bed to watch a movie and got out my nail polish. I thought to give myself a pedicure while the kids laid around and watched a movie, but Brooklyn wanted to get in on the action. I painted her toenails bright red that day, and since then have kept them painted various colors. She takes great pleasure in pointing to her 'pretty toes'.

2 comments:

SarahAnne said...

Ah, cute! The toenails, I mean. ;o)

Susan said...

Awh...her chubby little foot...how cute!!