Thursday, September 3

Pictures of the Day

I have a few photos that I feel pretty well illustrate what my day has been like. This morning Brooklyn kept hanging me her various hair barrettes (AKA: 'pretties'), and having nothing better to do, and nowhere to go, I decided to put each of them in her hair. This:
is the final result. Isn't she glamorous?
I kept trying to get her to look at her toes so I could get a picture of the top of her head, but she wasn't really cooperating. This is the best I could get. Incidentally, I'm glad I got these pictures when I did, because about 30 seconds later she started taking them all out. Beauty never lasts!
Our other adventure this morning wasn't quite so fun. I was laying in bed this morning trying to decide if Jeremy's cough was enough to keep him home from school when I heard a loud crash. I thought at first that it must be a thunderstorm, but I was almost sure there weren't any forecast for this week! Jeremy and I gave each other a puzzled look, and he looked out my bedroom window.


"Mommy! A jeep just drove through our fence and is in our back yard!"


"What?!" I yelled, jumping instantly out of bed. I threw back my curtain, and the driver of the jeep, which was now sitting in the middle of my backyard, just stared at each other with completely dumbfounded expressions.

I ran outside and asked the drive if he was okay, and then asked what happened. The 20-something male claimed that the car had slipped out of gear and driven forward. Across the fifteen feet of grass. Through my fence. Halfway across my backyard.
Yeah. I don't really understand that one either.

I got his name and phone number, then came inside and called my landlord to let him know about the damage. I'm officially going to let the two of them duke it out. Yet another reason I'm extremely grateful to be renting instead of owning. Things like this? Not so much my problem.

1 comment:

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

omg i can't believe it! you've got to be kidding! that's just crazy!! you'll have to let us know how that one turns out...