Wednesday, September 9

Sickly

I've been sick for the last few days. Thankfully I don't get sick very often, because it has thrown me for a serious loop. I woke up Saturday morning with my throat feeling slightly scratchy, and a runny nose. I was supposed to go to Angela's house in Dayton for the weekend, so I made a courtesy call to see if she still wanted me to come up. All in all, Saturday wasn't too bad. Sunday morning, however, was worse. I woke up with a cough, runny nose, and a headache. I felt pretty terrible. That being said, however, I also knew that Sunday was my one chance to be able to attend the adult meetings at Angela's church, rather than the children's meetings I usually play the piano for at my own church. I dragged myself there, sniffled through the meetings, and then drove back to Cincinnati.

Sunday night brought another church meeting that I dragged myself to while Russ stayed with the kids. I came home feeling crummy physically and emotionally, took a hefty dose of NyQuil, and went into a coma for about ten hours. Monday morning I felt so much better I went ahead and helped Russ pull out several bush stumps that the yard fairies left behind, and attended my regular aerobics class. By the end of Zumba, I knew I was definitely still sick. I stumbled my way in the door, feeling terrible. Russ took on look at me, and ordered me to bed during Brooklyn's nap. I got a little sleep, and again decided against canceling any plans for the afternoon. I enjoyed the company of some friends that evening, but once again dosed myself with NyQuil to get to sleep that night.

Yesterday, I finally got the clue. I felt worse than ever, and finally succumbed to spending the majority of the day on the sofa. A friend of mine from church was kind enough to bring over dinner, and I again went to bed early. Today looks to be more of the same. I'm actually choosing to skip the gym, which never happens. I'm hopeful that if I again take it easy today that tomorrow I will be feeling like a new woman.

The good news is that the kids are having a ball the last two days. I've basically allowed them to do whatever they want, including as much TV and computer time as they desire. It'll be a tough habit to break when I finally recover!

3 comments:

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

so sorry. its so hard when the mom is sick cuz she cant just call in! get well soon:)

Mimi Collett said...

:( boo! Sorry you're not feeling well. Give us a call if you need anything!!

Sarah Jayne said...

Zumba being sick! Ouch. Hope you're feeling better now!