Friday, September 18

Missing?

I've been seriously considering a blogging vacation. I've also been seriously considering making my blog private.

It's just gotten to be a little bit of a chore lately, and I'm not sure what to do about that. In many ways, it's been an excellent journal for me these past few years, and I can't imagine stopping altogether. On the other hand, I don't need any more things to stress me out every day.

I'll definitely keep my readers posted on anything I decide to change, but in the meantime here's a brief snapshot of what we've been up to lately:

First off, the long-awaited day finally came: Kadon started preschool!
See? Even Mommy is excited!
We're using the same school as last year, and were even lucky enough to get the same teacher. She's been such a saint, and we were heartbroken at the end of last year, thinking we wouldn't get to see her again. I was so thrilled to walk into the classroom and hand him off, completely assured that he would be in loving and capable hands.
This one is just because he's so darn cute!
Last night, the kids and I drove to Dayton to celebrate my sister-in-law Angela's 29th birthday. Again. *ahem* Anyway, it was a beach-themed party in honor of a trip she took to Dominica a few years ago. This is the cake that some of her friends put together, and I can attest that in addition to looking beautiful--it tasted pretty good too!
While we were waiting for Angela to show up, Stacey put on some music. We discovered that even Grandma isn't immune to the influence of Bob Marley!
We also enjoyed some pina colada's, with club soda instead of rum. Not quite as relaxing as the real thing, but nice nonetheless.
Finally, the guest of honor arrived! In the hour that we spent waiting for her to arrive, we devised one more trick--we thought it would be funny if instead of walking into a surprise party, she walked into the remains of an already-over surprise party. We put some cake crumbs and used forks on a plate, smashed some crackers on the counter, and crumpled a few napkins. A few half-consumed drinks laying around, and the scene was complete. We all filed out into the backyard, and when Angela arrived, she was told that we had all tried to surprise her, but couldn't wait around anymore. After a few minutes of letting Stacey squirm through her lie, the guests burst in through the back door. It was a great success!


It was so much fun to spend the evening celebrating with friends and family. In this picture are Stacey, who helped organize the party, myself, and Angela. Icky friends forever!
Another friend of Angela's, Joi, had flown in to spend the week with Angela. We were able to get her in on the plan at the last minute, and I think she had fun meeting everybody.

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

As I think you know, I took a blogging vacation about two months ago. I'm glad I did. I got some of my perspective back, and came back to a place where I really enjoy the blogging that I do.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Anna Dutson said...

I love reading your blog! But I understand the need for a blogging vacation, I went on one last week myself.

If you go private I want to be added to your list!

Jamie said...

First off- have I ever told you how much I love Kadon's hair?! So studly!

Second- Everyone needs to take a blogging vacation from time to time. I take short vacations quite often. ;) Sometimes I just don't feel like blogging. So, take a break whenever it is needed!

Susan said...

I enjoy reading your blog but can understand the time it takes and the times when it is hard to write. Good luck....and me too would like to be included if you go private. Your little Kadon and his curls are so sweet.

Mimi Collett said...

That cake looks amazing!