Saturday, October 3

Basement-Midpoint

This picture was taken as I stood at the top of the stairs, in the doorway that leads into the kitchen.
At the bottom of the stairs, I stopped and took a photo straight ahead.


Then, I turned around and maneuvered so I could get a shot of my food storage area. There is a utility sink that you can barely see along the bottom edge of this picture, and my washing machine is directly underneath the stairs.
For this picture I stood a little bit further out in the room, and took a picture of the same area. On the right edge you can see the water heater, with the furnace next to it. The washer and dryer are separated in this basement, which took a bit of getting used to. The strip of carpet is nice when the basement is cold and I have to do laundry late at night!
Okay, for this shot I basically turned around and took a shot of the right side of the room. Over here I have my little 'office' of sorts.
This is the bookcase that you could just see the edge of in the previous picture.
For this picture I stood against the far the wall and took the long shot to the other end of the room. To the left you can see the furnace, and along the right edge of the picture are the toys that were in the picture I took at the bottom of the stairs. The stairs are just beyond the left edge of this shot.
For this picture I stood basically where the green rug was in the previous picture. My food storage is the other side of the wall that the tall bookcase and microwave cart are. That wall didn't exist before, but my landlord decided to put it in the break up the space a little bit. I didn't like the idea at first, but now that it's in I'm grateful for the division between my laundry/storage and the television area.
This is a shot back toward the other end of the basement. For some reason, I don't have pictures of the spare bedroom down here. You can see on the right side of the far end of the basement that there is obviously a room next to the laundry area, the bookcase that I pictured before is on the wall of the bedroom. I'll try to get some pictures taken and posted soon.
At the point these pictures were taken, the walls had been hung, the ceiling drywalled, carpet laid, and everything primed. Since then, I have painted the walls and ceiling, and am extremely pleased with the homey feeling it created downstairs. I haven't decided yet what to do with the bedroom area that is in desperate need of some color, but the budget for paint has run out. Maybe in the spring...

4 comments:

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

cute! looks so nice and cozy! we need to come play and mess it up! (j/k- we'll clean it)
got your message bout your chocolate party- i'll be there:)
see ya tomorrow

Anonymous said...

It strikes me that you may need some interlocking foam floor pads with A-Z and 0-9 on them for your basement. As luck so has it that I could come into possession of just such an item. Want some?

Mimi Collett said...

Looks good! I didn't see the chalkboard though. Was this before the paint? Or am I blind? I could be blind. I should look through the pictures again before I post this comment and make a fool of myself. Hm. Nope. I'll post it and then look.

Victoria said...

Michelle-these pictures were pre-paint. No worries, you're not blind. At least, not yet...