Monday, October 12

Pumpkin Patch Express

Just for the record, Blogger has a new format for uploading pictures onto my blog. I don't like it. I had the old system worked out, and knew how to get my pictures in order. This way might actually make more sense, but it's backward from what I'm used to.

Therefore, I don't like it.

Moving on.

Last Saturday, the kids and I went on the Pumpkin Patch Express, a historic train about 40 minutes north of Cincinnati, with Russ, Mary, Angela, and her kids. We caught the train in Lebanon, rode 45 minutes, and spent an hour at a small farm. Then we hopped back on the train and rode another 45 minutes back to the station. It was a lot of fun, and I'm especially grateful that the kids got to experience riding a train, something I've never even done before!

Because I couldn't figure out the new picture system, these pictures are all out of order. This is actually at the farm, halfway through our trip.



The kids each got to select a pumpkin to take home, and though Jeremy lobbied for this one, he was declined.
I asked Angela to take this picture of Kadon and I, thinking he would smile sweetly for the camera and I'd get a tender shot of the two of us. The child foiled my plans with his snarl, and I think it turned out pretty cute anyway. That's my Kadon, always a ham. He was actually pretty cranky on this trip, but only to the other adults. He was fine with me, but was quite surly to Angela and Mary. I've noticed he does that sometimes, and I'm not quite sure how to combat it because generally I don't notice that it's happening until somebody else tells me.

There was an open air car on the train that we all enjoyed riding on for at least part of the trip. It was a bit chilly, and that car ended up being crowded both directions, but the sunshine was lovely after several days of rain in the area.

It has been so lovely to have family near, with kids that are close enough in age to enjoy spending time together. Thanks for the lovely day, guys!

3 comments:

Camara said...

I just saw your weight loss ticker...wow 55lbs...that is great Victoria! What an accomplishment! I would love to lose 55lbs....Im gonna settle for 35 for now! I will get too discouraged if I had to lose that much. Im gonna focus on the baby weight for now! I actually was coming on here to comment about the new photo system on blogger. I havent messed with it yet, but Im excited to see that you actually can put pictures side by side. It's about time. I keep complaining that blogger could be so much better. Im glad to see they are working on changing it for us. Im sure we'll all get used to it as we use it more. Have a great week!

Susan said...

This is probably my favorite time of year - fall and we love to hit different cider mills and/or farm type events. This one you went to sounds really fun with the train. And I love the white pumpkins. Your gang looks happy!!

Mimi Collett said...

Yay for pumpkin patches!

And how funny, I just blogged about the new uploader, too. You can switch back to the old one if you want, in settings. Go to the first tab and scroll down to the bottom.

These are some cute pictures, and that's so cool there was a train to ride. It looked like a fun day!