Tuesday, November 10

Basement-Final Product

To begin the final set of basement photos, I took pictures of the guest room. Somehow that has been forgotten before, so here it is:

These are a bit out of order, but I don't want to take the time to fix them today. For this picture I'm actually standing on the mattress, taking the picture toward the door that leads to the rest of the basement.

Here I'm standing in front of the dresser, taking a picture of the small closet in the room. This close is my main storage in the house, and Mary was kind enough to make this curtain to hang in front of it right after we moved in.

I'm standing just inside the doorway here, and this small window leads toward the back yard. This small window is also the reason that this room will never be suitable as a full-time bedroom--to small for somebody to crawl out, too small for a fireman or other rescue-worker to crawl in. Plus, it's too far away from my bedroom-but it makes a great guest room for the occasional overnight visit!

A different angle of the closet and the side of the room.

And finally, totally out of order, the doorway leading into the bedroom, with the bed. Maybe someday we'll actually get a frame...
Again, these pictures are totally out of order. The wall that is still white is where the bedroom is, and the cement area on the right is where the laundry and the stairs are located.

I added this chalkboard paint after Brooklyn colored on the wall with a sharpie. Thankfully, it was before I painted, so it was a matter of several coats of Kilz and the brown paint, but I thought it best to give her a designated 'spot' to draw, rather than try to fight it. It's been fun--this section just needs a strip of wood border around it to finish it off.

I'm standing in the TV area here.

The opposite angle.


These pictures are pretty self-explanatory, since I've already posted extensively about the basement. All in all, I'm really pleased with how the color came out. I mentioned to a friend of mine that I was getting ready to buy paint for my basement, and she offered about 3 gallons of paint that they had leftover from their house. I worried that it would be too dark for my basement, but as you can see it worked out great. It's such a large space that the darker paint closed it in a bit and made it more cozy. Plus, the price of 'free' can't be beat.


5 comments:

Camara said...

Your basement looks really nice. You have ton a lot of work to it! We love having our basement. It is just nice to have the extra space to get away and store stuff. Ours isn't finished as you saw when you stayed at Angela's a few years back. We are going to miss it when we move. The houses in Turkey we hear are small so there goes our personal space we once enjoyed here!

Jamie said...

Love the paint color! The basement looks really nice! Good job!! :)

Susan said...

The paint color looks great. Wish we had a basement :( Love the extra room it gives and a place for the kids to run when the weather is not good outside.

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

oooooooooo nice.
i am never buying a house without a basement again.

Mimi Collett said...

Friends like that are so great! I love free stuff. And I think the chalkboard square turned out great. Did you know I've never seen the inside of the guest room before? Kind of funny. :)