Monday, November 16

Cell Phone

Last night I was watching a movie, and had a large water bottle filled with ice water on the coffee table in front of me. I set my cell phone down on the table-near the bottle, but not right next to it. It sat there for a couple hours, then I picked both the cell phone and water bottle up to put them away and go to bed. Apparently my water bottle had 'sweat' profusely during my movie, and actually leaked water on the table, which traveled to where my phone was sitting and got it quite wet. I immediately took it apart and immersed it in a bowl of rice, but this means I'm only reachable through email until at least this afternoon. Hopefully the world keeps spinning on it's axis for at least a few more hours!

Update: It seems to be working just fine after spending about 12 hours in the rice bath--hooray!

2 comments:

Mary Ann Preece said...

You are definately the smartest person I know. I would never have thought of using rice.
Mom

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

yeah no kidding. rice? thanks for the tip! wish i would have known that with my last phone!