Tuesday, August 22

Girls Night Out


On Saturday I went out with my good friends Emily and Alisha for my birthday, and for a much needed respite from men. Emily and I left early in the afternoon and met Alisha in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, where we took in the 4:30 showing of the new movie. Emily had warned us that it was a real tear jerker, but I have to admit, I was a little skeptical. That is, until the first five minutes of the movie had me sobbing like a baby! Anyway, after that wonderfully uplifting experience, we went upstairs and got on the waiting list for a table at the very elegant Garden Restaurant on the 10th floor of the building. It had wonderful views of the city, and a lovely setting. The food was wonderful as well, I enjoyed the lamb chops, while Alisha had Chicken Marinara, and Emily had the Roasted Turkey Breast. We then treated ourselves to dessert, and I have to say, my free slice of cinnamon chocolate cake was divine! After dinner, we walked over to pick up Emily's car and spent an hour and a half wandering around the Gateway mall. None of us found anything we couldn't live without (other than the $300 Love Sac I wanted) but we had a great time shopping together, nonetheless. In fact, aside from my splitting migraine on the way home, I'd have to say it was a perfect evening! Hopefully we'll be able to do it again at least once more before Alisha has this baby, and (hopefully) Emily and I have babies sometimes next year!

No comments: