Thursday, August 31

The Recovery

I know, I know. My posts have been somewhat lacking lately. I took to posting short blurbs about pictures because I have been keeping very busy this week. Ammon's parents arrived at our house on Saturday morning, and since then we have been in a whirlwind of activity, trying to fit in all the things that we had planned to do while they were here. On Sunday, I spoke in Sacrament meeting and taught my primary lesson, after which we went home and enjoyed popcorn and ice cream for our regular Sunday night dinner. On Monday, Mary and Russ stayed busy running errands in Logan, while the kids and I also stayed busy doing a little bit of shopping, and even meeting Ammon for lunch. For family home evening we all went miniature golfing, and played a rowdy game of Pit after the kids went to bed. We didn't even wake the children up, which I view as a serious accomplishment. On Tuesday, we got a lot of sewing done, and finished a Christmas project for a member of my family. Wednesday we all stayed busy separately again, the kids and I went to our regular playgroup and stayed busy around the house. Today is Thursday, and Mary and Ammon have tackled re-finishing the dining room table. In fact, as I write this Ammon is outside doing the final sand before the stain, and Mary and Russ have met some friends in town for lunch. Tonight we plan to have a pizza and movie night, and tomorrow the plan is to take a picnic to a park somewhere and spend a good portion of the day outdoors. It's been really great having people around to do things with, and we are looking forward to the next week and a half of more companionship before Mary and Russ leave again until mid-winter!

No comments: