Friday, August 11

Splashing Around


Today we surpassed the halfway point in our swimming lessons. I am happy to report that Jeremy has greatly improved in his water abilities, he has been listening to his teacher, and participating in the various exercises. I have been so proud to see him! Kadon has also improved in the water, but I'm not convinced that it's a good thing in his case. You see, my 1 year old has never been shy around the water, and loves to play and even experiment putting his face in it. Having these swim lessons has only heightened his interest in the pool. Today he kept walking into the deep end, until the water was in his mouth, and if it waved at all, it came up over his nose. Most kids would be at least startled by this, but Kadon just coughs a little bit, and continues on his way. I think he's much more of a drowning risk than he ever was before these lessons! All in all, I've been really grateful for this opportunity to spend some time with my kids. I think Jeremy especially gets really bored just being home with me all day, so some structured time that is challenging to him, and he gets to spend time with another adult in charge is great for both of us, and I am always looking for excuses to play with Kadon! We look forward to next week, and also to next year, when Jeremy will hopefully be able to move up to the next level, and Kadon can start actually learning to swim, instead of just splashing!

No comments: