Friday, March 23

Happy Birthday Kadon


Yesterday was Kadon's 2nd Birthday. We celebrated with a small family dinner on Wednesday night. We only invited my parents and Ammon's parents, but it was a nice low-key gathering. We decided early on that Kadon didn't need a huge party, and I think we're still recovering from the party we did for Jeremy. We made Kadon's favorite chicken dish for dinner and a lovely salad. We also splurged on an ice cream cake from Macey's for dessert. I wish I could have captured Kadon blowing out the candle on his cake, but this is the closest snapshot I got to that moment. The big gift of the evening was from Ammon and I. For weeks now, Kadon has been trying to climb on his older brother's much-too-large bicycle and go for a ride. Ammon and I made the decision a couple of weeks ago that Kadon needed a tricycle for his Birthday, so the night before his party I went to Wal-Mart and found a Radio Flyer tricycle that is just perfect for him. I posted below a picture of his face when Ammon walked in the door carrying it, and that look of sheer joy made the whole night worthwhile. I'm so proud of my baby!

No comments: