Saturday, March 17

Relaxing Saturday

Today we had a lovely, relaxing, fun day. This morning Russ and Ammon ventured out bright and early in a quest for fresh bagels for breakfast. After a leisurely morning eating the bulk of the dozen they came home with, we left again to go bowling. After a couple of tantrums by Jeremy because he was bored with the wait between turns, everybody had a lot of fun. Ammon opted out of the actual game, as he feared it would be too much on his feet, but he had a lot of fun cheering on the kids and the adults. I bowled a personal best, reaching an all-time low score of 27 points. I'm usually a terribly bowler, but this outing reached all new abysmal depths, and I'm sure it will be a game that will live on in the memory of all who were there. My children bowled more than double my score, the little sprites, which I am unsure whether I find amusing or degrading. On our way home, we stopped at a local butcher shop and picked up some very nice BBQ pork that was on sale today, and had a delicious lunch when we got home. After lunch we read books to the kids, and Kadon took a long, much-needed nap.
After lunch, everybody, including my invalid husband (I was so proud of him today!) ventured outside again to enjoy the beautiful spring weather. In fact, we were enjoying the spring weather so much that after Russ and Mary left to go to the theatre with some friends, we threw together an impromptu (and wonderful) grill party. We grilled hamburgers for the adults, and hot dogs for the kids. It tasted lovely, and we even sat out on a blanket to eat. I am so glad that spring finally seems to be here! The smell of the air, the breeze-it all makes me feel so alive and energized! Autumn truly is my favorite of all the seasons, but spring runs a close second, and today it was in full glory.

No comments: