Saturday, August 18

Happy Birthday

Tomorrow is my birthday, so we are celebrating today instead of trying to fit everything into a Sunday afternoon after church. Angela, the wonderful sister-in-law that she is, has offered to watch the kids for several hours today so that Ammon and I can go out on a 'day date'. Since the choice of activities is completely up to me, I chose to go the the Dayton Art Institute, go out for lunch, then browse the local mall for a couple hours before picking up the kids. I have really been looking forward to today all week, so I hope it turns out to be as fun as I'm anticipating. Ammon and I have spent a ton of time together in the last month, but very little of it has been one-on-one without either the children or Mary and Russ around, so this afternoon is a much needed treat.
Today, I'm also feeling really grateful for my family. The kids have been such angels for the last couple of days, playing nicely together, not whining, and being extra sweet and cuddly. It reminds me of the angelic spirits they truly are, just wandering through this life looking for guidance. I am so glad that we have been blessed to have them in our lives, because everything they do brings such joy and satisfaction. I need days like yesterday and today to remind me that it's all worthwhile when I'm stuck in the trenches and the diapers and messes are never ending. I'm so grateful for these beautiful spirits that have been entrusted to us, I just hope that we don't manage to screw them up too terribly before they move on from us.

1 comment:

Our Crazy Family said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear VICTORIA! Happy Birthday to you! Hope you had a good birthday.

Cindy