Thursday, August 23

Ohio Rain

Some of you may have noticed in recent national news that parts of Ohio are struggling under the worst flood conditions in 100 years. Luckily, the parts of Ohio that are submersed are much farther north than where we are, and have the unfortunate luck to be experiencing the notorious lake affect. Lake Erie, which is located directly north of Ohio, causes massive snowfall in the winter, and torrential rains during the other times of year. In fact, one of the jobs that Ammon has applied for would move us to Cleveland, which is on the banks of Lake Erie. Even though this is a wonderful job with a great salary, I do not desire a position that would bring us closer to the lake. On that note, I am going to attempt to catch up on the photos that I have taken this summer and neglected to post on my blog. The next few days will probably be somewhat of a mish-mash of images and probably a few videos, but the selection for today is a rainstorm that I recorded the second weekend we were here. It was a Sunday afternoon, and Kadon was ill. We had left church early to come home and put both Kadon and myself down for a nap. I awoke to Ammon coming into our bedroom and opening the curtains to our window which overlook the street running in front of the house. Once this initial shock from the sheer amount of water I was witnessing, I ran down the stairs to capture it with my camera. I know the video doesn't quite do it justice, but know that this particular storm was the first of several of that severity that I have experienced since moving here. They say we're in a drought, but if this is the eastern version of drought, sign me up. I shudder to think what the spring rain season will bring.


No comments: