Tuesday, May 5

A Few Pictures

I've noticed lately that I don't post pictures for a long while, and then when I do--I overload hard drives.

Sorry about that.
I'm posting this picture simply because it's cute. I've started putting Brooklyn's hair up in pigtails, mainly because the front section is starting to get long enough to hang in her eyes, and it's either pigtails or a haircut. I choose pigtails. In this photo, you can *almost* see them.
Remember this post? I took some pictures that day, but my desktop computer has been spooty lately, and wouldn't upload photos from my camera. I finally sat down tonight and installed my photo program onto my laptop so I could post pictures, so that's why these pictures are tardy.

The kids had a great time on our stroll next to the river, but the sight of that spring-swollen water made me a tad nervous. Three kids+large(ish) river+one adult=potential for disaster.

Nonetheless, the kids had a great time.

I kept Brooklyn strapped into the stroller for most of this adventure, because heaven knows the boys were making me nervous enough. Sometimes I hate that since Ammon died as a result of an accident, I've gotten even more paranoid in many ways about safety. My innocence has been tainted, and I expect accident and disaster at every turn. Consequently, my kids are kept on a bit tighter leash than they would otherwise be.
Eventually Brooklyn loudly demanded to be let free of the stroller, but this is by far the farthest away she got from me, and even that didn't last long. She walked along the shore for a few minutes, and then I picked her up and carted her back to the stroller. Just enough to make her happy and test my threshold of nervousness.

After our stroll along the water, we found a large tree with a strange hollowed-out base. I'm fairly certain this was formed naturally, but have never seen anything like it before. The kids played 'house' for a few minutes, and had great fun.
I kept trying to get a picture of all three of them in the entrance, but Brooklyn wouldn't cooperate. I love, in this one, how she's looking up at Jeremy, trying to figure out what he's doing.


I've fielded several requests to post some updated pictures of myself, since I have lost a large amount of weight. This picture was taken a few weeks ago, and I have lost another 5-10 pounds since then. I don't like that I left my cell-phone in my pocket here, and it makes a funny bulge in my pocket. Note to self--carry cell phone in bag not pocket.

This picture was taken last Saturday, but even though I know I'm a few pounds lighter here than I was in the picture above, I still don't think it's a flattering picture. Nevertheless, here it is for your viewing pleasure.
This is my hair on Saturday, a few hours after I got it cut. As of today, I'm still unsure how I feel about the cut. The shorter layers on the side--that you can barely see in this picture--are much, much shorter than I had envisioned, and they don't lay at all like I thought they would. The last two days I've put in mousse and let the curl go, and it's a little bit cuter than this. When I figure out exactly what to do with it, I'll take an updated picture and post that. In the meantime, this will at least give all you curious-folk an idea what my new head looks like.

8 comments:

SarahAnne said...

You look hot, girl! Way to go!!!!!

Susan said...

GREAT job and you look awesome. I love your haircut. Your kids are so cute. I too like how your daughter is intently watching her big brothers!

Emily Nielson said...

WOW! You look beautiful!!! Way to go!!!

Kaylene said...

Your hair is so cute, and YAY for good weigh loss! You're looking great!

David and Alisha said...

Sexy mama you! Congrats! You are doing SOOOO much better in the exercise dept. than me. And, of course, your kids are adorable!

Laura said...

you look great! Your clothes are really cute too. Oh, and I love the haircut. You look carefree and young. Miss you!

Amy said...

Lookin' good, girl!

Jamie said...

You look awesome!! Seriously! Keep up the good work!! :)