Thursday, August 27

First Grader

Jeremy started first grade on Monday, a milestone that he has been extremely excited about since the last day of Kindergarten last year. He was thrilled to be able to eat lunch at school and stay there until 'almost dinner time'. Happily, I handled the transition pretty well too.
Bright and early on Monday morning, he jumped out of bed, put his favorite camo shirt and backpack on, and begrudgingly posed for a few photos.
My baby is getting so big!
He's so capable and wise beyond his 6 years. I know he'll do well in this, as he does well in almost everything else he does. I am so incredibly blessed to have him as my son!
Mom, are you done taking pictures yet?
One last shot of sibling love, and we headed down to the corner bus stop.
With barely a backward glance and a hurried 'I love you', he was gone.

At the end of the day, he darted off the bus and ran full-out for me. He initially declined to give me any details about his day other than 'it was good' and 'everybody was nice', but later that evening I managed to pry some details out while we were eating dinner. The last two days he has been a cranky mess after getting off the bus at 3:30, but I'm sure he'll adjust soon and be back to his normal self. I'm so proud of my growing boy!

3 comments:

Dominoe said...

That sibling picture is the cutest! Love it!

SarahAnne said...

I'll have a first grader next Monday. I'm sure she'll be fine, but it will be a long day without her.

Cute pics. Your kids are just beautiful, Victoria.

Susan said...

Awh...I love the age of 6 and first grade. So many new adventures. He has such a handsome smile!!! Hoping he has a great year.