Saturday, August 8

Virtual Tour-Kids Rooms/Backyard

To continue our virtual tour, I'll pick up where we left off-in the rooms that were filled with sleeping children last time. Today I finally got the boys bunk beds made (a MUCH LOATHED chore), and could take pictures at last.
For this picture I stood in the hallway (hence the weird white door frame on the left of the picture) and shot in their room and to the left, where their bunk beds are.
For this picture I stood in the exact same place, but pointed the camera straight ahead at their window. This window faces to the front yard.
Again, standing in the same place as the last two pictures, but pointed toward the right side of the room.
For this photo I stood at the end of their bunk bed, and shot a picture of their closet door and doorway leading to the hallway.
Here I stood in front of Jeremy's dresser and took a picture of their bunk beds from a different angle.
Further down the hallway and directly across from my bedroom is Brooklyn's room. Again, I stood in the hallway to take this picture.
For this picture I stepped farther in the room and turned to the left. This window faces our ugly side-yard, which you'll see later on. The bi-fold doors you see on the left are the two closets in here room.

Again, standing in the hallway, shooting directly into the room. Her crib is against the wall that separates her room from her brothers. Hmm...only a thin wall of Sheetrock and lumber between the boys bed and her bed....hadn't really considered that before.

Standing in front of Brooklyn's crib, taking a picture of the closets.
For this picture I stood in front of the chair in the corner of her room (next to the dresser) and took a picture of the door leading out to the hallway. Bonus: action shot of Brooklyn climbing into the crib!
Brooklyn achieves success just as I sit in the corner chair to take one final picture of her crib. This room will actually have a fairy/flower theme when it's completed. I chose the green paint to complement it in the end, but right now it's a work in progress. I also have applique's for her curtain that are pretty, but they haven't made it onto the curtains yet. Consider this room to be the 'before'.
On to the backyard! For this picture I stood just outside the backdoor and turned to the left. The play yard was a hand-me-down from a family in our ward--the kids have just LOVED having it!
Same position, pointing right. Many of these bushes, in the long run, will end up getting ripped out. I keep telling myself I need to take baby steps, here. Eventually, I also want to do some raised garden beds, probably in this area.
Standing in the same position, shooting straight out from the back door to the center of the yard.
Same position, shooting down the ramp on our back deck. It's actually a little odd, and I wish it was a flat surface that could actually be used. I suppose it made moving some of the larger pieces of furniture into the basement a little easier.
To get this picture I stood in the back left corner and took a picture of the back of the house. The shady yard is nice, but it also attracts lots of bugs!
Standing in nearly the same spot, this is a picture of the ugly side yard I mentioned from Brooklyn's room. Brooklyn and I each have a window that faces this part of the yard. I'm actually really not sure what the final plan for this area will end up being. Any ideas?

Here I stood just in front of the side yard, and took a picture all the way to the other end of the yard.
I stood on the opposite side of the house, at the front of the backyard to take this picture of the hill next to the barn. I'm envisioning a small sledding hill in the winter, maybe?
A second ugly side yard. I got this entire flowerbed cleaned out the other day, and will eventually plant flowers. I think in the fall I will put some tulip bulbs in, unless I have any other brilliant ideas before then.

2 comments:

SarahAnne said...

It's so nice, Victoria, and you are amazing to have done so much already to get your house put together! Great work! I'm so jealous of your back yard, too. Ours is so tiny. Gotta love having a place for the kids to run and play!

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Beautiful! You are so detailed!! Glad I was one of the first few peeps to see it:)