Tuesday, August 4

Virtual Tour-Upstairs/Front Yard

At last, the beginning of the virtual tour! For those of you who have been waiting with baited breath, this post is a welcome distraction from your daily life. Those of you who could care less about our new home, and get no vicarious thrill from peeking into homes, feel free to move along. No emotional baggage or introspection here.

This is the front of our house. We're on a cul-de-sac, and I stood way out in the middle to get this picture.
This is the view from the front porch, looking to the right...
...and to the left.
This picture is a little out of order, but it's too difficult to fix it now. This is standing in the hallway, with the front window that faces the cul-de-sac.
For this picture I opened the front door and stood partly on the porch. The weird light on the left side of the picture is the last rays of sunlight as I took this picture.
For this corner I stood just inside the kitchen, which is where the yellow paint begins in the picture above.
Standing in almost the same spot, this is a shot down the hallway. Directly behind me and slightly to my left is the door to the garage.
The door to the garage that I was standing in front of in the previous photo. Here I stood about halfway down the length of the couch, and shot directly into the kitchen.
Further into the kitchen, with the back window and door pictured.
Here I am standing in front of the white cabinet.
Still standing in front of the white cabinet. The door directly across from me is the door to the bathroom, to the left (the door with the white curtain) is the back door, and across from the back door is the door to the basement. Many doors make for an interesting maze when they're all opened. I try to keep them all shut, but re-training the boys to keep the bathroom door shut always has been a bit of a challenge.
This is our odd little bathroom. There are actually two doors here, one that I'm standing in which leads to the kitchen, and the other door that leads to the hallway. There is a storage area (behind the blue curtain at the far end of the bathroom) with some shelves.
Standing in front of the other door. The toilet and sink aren't in this picture, mainly because I think taking pictures of a toilet is a bit odd. Rest assured, there are a toilet and a sink on the other side of the bathtub.
Down the hallway and through the last door on the left is my bedroom. I stood in the doorway to get this picture, this window faces the backyard.
Standing in virtually the same spot, but pointed at the other side of the room.
Here I stood in front of the tapestries pictured before, and shot the double closet and doorway to my bedroom.
This vanity was a hand-me-down from a lady in my ward, which I gratefully accepted. With only one bathroom in the house and three people using it, I have really enjoyed having a place in my bedroom to do my hair and makeup.
Back outside my bedroom, standing in front of the bookcase looking into the living room. Directly to my left as I took this picture is the door to Brooklyn's room, and the doors pictured are to the boys room (on the left) the bathroom (on the right) and a coat closet (on the right, past the bathroom).
To be continued....

11 comments:

David and Alisha said...

Look at you! Just moved in, everything is unpacked and spotless clean AND the letters on the fridge are even in the right order! So like you.... Loved the tour. Now I just need to come see it in real life!

Jamie said...

VERY nice place!! :) Thanks for sharing!

Dominoe said...

Victoria I love it! Especially that bright, happy kitchen. :) I'm still jealous you got to pick out paint colors. ;)

Joanna said...

It looks really great! I can't wait to see it in person!

Emily Nielson said...

I LOVE the yellow kitchen! It's so happy and bright. So wish I could have a yellow kitchen. JEALOUS!!! YAY for a house!!!

SarahAnne said...

So cute! Congrats!!!

Susan said...

Love the new house. Must feel good to be moved in and boxes put away (that is if your done with that part). I love the "yellow" paint and the hardwood floors. New memories to begin in your new home.

Kellie said...

YAY! It looks great! Is that New Moon I see on your coffee table? ;)

Laura said...

It's beautiful! I love how you have your furniture arranged. It feels so comfortable. I bet the kids just love it. My favorite part is the bright red door!

Brian Preece said...

Hooray for a home! I love you sister!

Kim said...

Your house is so cute and you're so good at decorating and choosing paint colors. I have a hard time with that so I love to see pictures. I also love that your dog is in almost all the pictures.