Monday, July 9

48 Hours

Not such a long time, right? I mean, 48 hours is a mere two days. What can you accomplish in two days?

Well, not much, if you don't have clean underwear or deodorant.

Our luggage finally arrived on Saturday afternoon after such a 48 hour span. Living without any personal belongings for that long doesn't sound like much. It doesn't sound like it would be that inconvenient, that trying, or that terrible. However, those who would say that, have you done it? When the gentlemen from United Airlines finally showed up with all 7 of our bags (plus our car seats) I almost cried from relief and joy. The sight of my baggage was about the most beautiful thing I think I've seen in this lifetime, as silly as that sounds. The unpacking that would have been a chore had I done it Thursday evening was suddenly a joy on Saturday afternoon. I couldn't wait to get started, to sort through the items I had carefully packed away on our last days in Hyrum, lovingly finding a new location for them in our new home, and gaze at the useful items with a new found appreciation. I suppose 48 hours is not such a long time after all, if it makes you adore something as simple as facial cleanser.

No comments: