Monday, July 30

Cincinnati

Cincinnati was lovely. Even though it's only an hour away from Dayton, the scenery was breathtakingly beautiful. We didn't actually see the city, we stayed mostly in the small village that our family lives in, but we loved it nonetheless. Several years ago we took a trip to the village in upstate New York that Ammon grew up in, and when it came time to end that vacation I called my neighbor at the time to ask her to box up our belongings and ship them to us. I liked that part of the world so much that I didn't even want to leave, and Cincinnati reminds me of upstate New York. There are winding roads, lots of trees, and small businesses lining the streets of the villages. I have no idea if we'll actually end up there like we hope, but Ammon did get a couple of fairly interesting leads on a job, so hopefully that will turn out to be something. If he ends up getting a job down in Cincy we will probably try to move sometime in September, even though logic would argue that it might be more convenient to still be living here when Brooklyn comes in October. I suppose that we will have to be guided in this decision as we have been guided in all the other decisions that we have made this year, and I'm sure that in the end we will make the choice that is best for our little family.
On a side note, I did finally get my pictures from the last month downloaded onto my computer from my digital camera, but we still don't have an Internet connection to our computer. My plan is to put some pictures on Ammon's flash drive so that I can transfer only the photos I want to use onto Mary and Russ's laptop so that I can then post them on my blog. I make no promises to get that done today, as we have several errands and appointments to take care of, but hopefully we should be able to have a photo extravaganza tomorrow!

No comments: