Tuesday, July 31

Belly Shot and Baby Shower

Here is my most recent belly shot, taken about three days after we arrived here. I was about 25 weeks pregnant at this point, which in my opinion is a nice pregnant size. You're big enough to show, but not so big that your belly gets in the way of everything. I know I'm due for another belly shot, so I'll get it taken in the next couple of days and post it on here.
As a surprise for Lisa and I, who is also pregnant and due a month before me, the women of the family got together and threw us a surprise baby shower at a lovely tea shoppe outside Dayton. We'd been planning to get lunch at this tea shoppe for months as just 'the girls' of the family, but apparently a baby shower was in the works as well. It was a lot of fun, and after the shower and lunch, we ended up going shopping. One of the stores that we went to was a secondhand clothing store for children, similar to 'Kid to Kid' in Utah. Every member of the family, expectant mothers included, went a little bit nuts in the store buying up even more cutesy girl clothing. When all was said and done, Lisa and I had quite a stack of clothing to transfer into our vehicles to return home with. Brooklyn received so much clothing that I had a hard time not feeling indecently guilty as I was going through it later that night, but the fun time I had with the women of the family will not be one that I will forget for a very long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so does this mean you don't need anymore clothes for Christy? She just gave me another bag full. But if you have enough I'm sure I can find someone who needs it. Cute belly shot by the way! Have you been to the dr yet?
Alisha