Tuesday, July 17

Back to Utah

Ammon and Russ left here at about five am this morning to get to the airport in time to catch their flights back to Utah. I know that they're going to be gone for a week, and I'm excited to get our belongings and start filling up this house with furniture, but I already miss my husband. For over two weeks now he has been done working and we have spent the majority of our time together, so this separation seems particularly difficult. I'm going to try to keep myself and the kids busy this week, so that hopefully the time passes quickly. Today we made cookies (great recipe, Em, thanks!!) and tomorrow the plan is to go to the library in the morning and get the appropriate identification so that we can borrow some books and videos. The agenda for Thursday is to help Angela clean up her house now that the masses of people have finally left it, and on Friday we are planning to go grocery shopping, which should be quiet an expedition for our two families. Thankfully, Saturday our little branch has planned a large 'pioneer day' celebration at a local park, which I'm looking forward to. Because the first week that we were here I was violently ill on Sunday, and last week we sang a family song in Angela's ward, I haven't been able to meet anybody in our branch yet. It will be nice to meet some of the members before church meetings on Sunday. Hopefully by Monday morning sometime the men will be back, and from there I can spend several days unpacking and organizing until we spend the last part of next week in Cincinnati searching for a job and a home.

2 comments:

Meagon said...

Victoria, I do visit your blog pretty often. I can't believe you moved.......so far. What an adventure. I enjoy seeing what you all are up to. I am excited to see pics of the new place. I have never been east of Colorado. Sad I know.

Our Crazy Family said...

Hey Talked to Ammon yesterday. Sorry that Richard wasn't home to help. He didn't get home until 8:00 last night! Anyway they seem to have quite a bit done already. I think they will be finished today. It is hard to say though. I hope everything is going well over there!