Tuesday, January 29

A Blessing





We had Brooklyn blessed in our ward a couple of weeks ago, and it was beautiful. Mary graciously made her blessing dress, finishing it the day before she was born. In the hours before Ammon and I left for the hospital for her birth, we marveled over the tiny sleeves, petite bodice, and teeny-tiny collar. Little did we know that the little girl destined to wear the dress would actually be dwarfed in the lengths of fabric. Coupled with her tiny size, and the fact that we moved a week before we had intended to bless her in our Dayton Branch, we postponed the blessing until the first Sunday in January. In all the rush of remembering everything else we had to take to church that day, the diaper bag got left behind. My camera is stored in my diaper bag so I don't miss any of those 'can you believe how cute they are!?!' moments, but without the aforementioned bag I was unable to take any photos of Brooklyn in her blessing dress. These are the shots that I attempted to take several days later, but I couldn't find her white headband, and she also wasn't entirely pleased with the process. I know I didn't manage to capture how beautiful she looked in her gown, but at least you can get an inkling.