Tuesday, January 8

The Grand Tour

I have been asked repeatedly to take pictures of our new apartment to post on our blog, so this afternoon I went on a photo expidition around our townhouse, and here is the result. If you're like me, and have a completely voyeuristic tendency when it comes to other people's houses, this post will be right up your alley.

I opened our front door and stood on the front porch to get this picture. On the left edge of the picture, you see the banister leading up the stairs. When I looked at the empty townhouse before moving, I mistakingly assumed that the apartment was much smaller, and left some furniture at Russ and Mary's house in order to compensate for the small living space. After being here for several weeks, though, I think the living room is screaming out for the coffee table. Besides, I need somewhere to put my chocolate milk and graham crackers when I decide to have an evening snack in front of the television.
This is the other end of the living room. I'm standing between the bookcase and the sofa you can see in the previous picture. Pretty nice, huh? (Check out that coatrack! Merry Christmas, Mom!)
This is standing in front of the entertainment center, facing the hallway leading to the kitchen. The door on the left is the small bathroom tucked underneath the stairs. Did I mention how much we are loving having multiple toilets?
Ah, the kitchen. Go back up to the previous picture. The corner you can just see, in front of the last set of metal doors? That's where I'm standing. On my left along the wall there is a large window, the back door, and the pantry (behind some more metal doors. Nice, huh?) The towel on the back of the dining room chair is for my kids to deposit their shoes on after they're done playing outside. So far, the only downside I've discovered in living out here is that it.is.always.wet.outside. Always. Makes for very muddy shoes.
Again, I had to open the front door and stand outside to take this picture. This is the staircase that I walk up and down approxamitely 463,000 times a day. Just in round numbers. Can I count that as my exercise for the day?





Tomorrow, the upstairs. I just know you're waiting with baited breath.

No comments: