Friday, July 4

Clarification

I just wanted to clarify my earlier post about the widow message board. I've had a few people asking me if I am, in fact, griping about them online, so I wanted to clear up any misunderstanding. First off, I rarely actually post on the widow bulletin board. I read often, and feel sympathetic to the plight of the many, many widows that are unfortunate enough to have to find our group. I haven't ever actually complained about anybody in my day to life there, only about the general sense of loneliness and hurt that I feel. I had intended my words to come across as a joke, but since it was clearly an ill-worded one, I have removed the offending sentence from my original post. At the risk of alienating anybody else, I would ask this: if I were going to complain about something, isn't it better that I do it in an anonymous situation, where there is zero chance of anything hurtful coming back to haunt me? Everybody knows the deep, abiding love I had for my husband, but does that mean that there were never things that he did that annoyed me? There were never times that I shared disappointments or frustrations with others? Of course not. Everybody needs a safe place to go to vent, and since I have been robbed of my safe venting place, I have turned to this group of fellow widows. Again, let me reiterate: I have not been griping about anybody in my life on this bulletin board. But if I had been, is it such a bad thing?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have a right to gripe. It's a lot better to let things out than hold them in. I tend to hold them in and that is so not healthy.