Saturday, July 5

Happy Anniversary

On what would have been our 8th wedding anniversary, Scott, Angela and the boys came down to our house to spend the day with us. I went out to lunch with some girlfriend's of mine while Angela stayed with my kids, and after I got home we all went out to play miniature golf. Although the day was touched with sadness, it was good to get out of the house and do some fun things. I am grateful that Angela was able to come down and spend the day with us. Too many days I end up sitting at home, feeling sad and unmotivated to do anything outside of the house. I am usually glad when I force myself to go out and do something, and this day was no exception.


Several months ago, Ammon judged the chili cook-off in Russ and Mary's small branch in Dayton. I wrote about the evening here. As a gift for judging the cook off, the branch gave him a gift card to Trader Joe's. Because we moved shortly after that evening, and then were busy with getting to know our new hometown, we never got around to spending the card. The restaurant that my girlfriend's and I visited on Thursday was near a Trader Joe's, so it made sense to stop there on our way home and use the card. As I perused the aisles, it seemed appropriate to pick up a bouquet of flowers. In a small way, it's as though Ammon got me flowers for our anniversary. Every time I look at them, I think of him. I like to think that they're exactly what he would have chosen for me, if given the opportunity.

4 comments:

David and Alisha said...

I just had to tell you that you look great in that picture with your kids! I just love your new haircut!

Unknown said...

Aww lovely flowers! I am glad you have a nice day in spite of everything. You do look awesome!

Kellie said...

I'm glad you got out of the house, and I'm so glad you got flowers. What a perfect touch. (((hugs)))

Amy said...

The flowers are pretty and I love the picture of you and the kids.