Sunday, September 28

Published?

In casual conversation at church today, a friend of mine mentioned publishing as a tool for preserving my blog. Since my blog has been my journal for the last 2 1/2 years complete with photos and dates, I am extremely interested in this notion. My blog has been a part of my life through some pretty serious changes--Kadon's babyhood, my pregnancy with Brooklyn, our move from Utah to Ohio, Brooklyn's birth, and now Ammon's death and my struggles since then. It's a record I would be heartbroken to lose. I have done a small amount of research tonight, but haven't been able to find a website that would allow me to import the contents of my blog and pay to have it bound into book format and sent to me. If there are any of you more technically savvy people out there that know of such a service--please pass it on. Preserving my blog has been on my mind for the best part of the last year, it's even something I had discussed multiple times with Ammon but never got around to actually figuring out. I'd appreciate any aide out there in this matter!

Also, I noticed today that my blog address was put into the Sister to Sister newsletter at my church. I have a vague memory of adding the address to a sign up sheet weeks ago, but had forgotten about it completely until I saw it printed in the newsletter today. On that note--welcome to any new readers I have gained! It's good to have you here, and I promise to cease immediately all ill speaking of the members of our church group.



Just kidding. There has never been any ill speaking. Seriously, I couldn't have survived the last six months without the many angels that are part of our ward.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Check out blurb.com

I haven't used it to publish my own blog, but I've read about others who have. Here's one post from someone who has:

http://denaeharlow.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-blog-book.html

Anonymous said...

Here Here blurb is the word...
Lot's of people use it and have published their posts for their posterity.

blurb.com