Thursday, September 25

I can't believe she did that!

I have known my friend Christina (Who I wrote about here and here) for about 8 years now, and she is currently living in California and working on an Air Force Base doing something with NASA. I'm not sure what, but I now that she's been trying to work into a permanent position for a while now. Well, today I go to the mailbox to get my mail, and see an ominous looking envelope from the Federal Investigations Processing Center. My heart drops into my toenails, and I stop breathing. I'm freaking out, staring at my name on the front and trying to imagine what could possibly be inside. I'm thinking GREAT!! On top of everything ELSE that has happened this year, I'm being freaking AUDITED?!?!!? I'm just getting ready to cinch a noose around my neck when I decide to open up the envelope just in case it isn't as dire as it seems. I'm pleasantly relieved to see that it's simply a request for referral from NASA, attempting to get some information for Christina. Basic info: how long have I known her, in what capacity, do I believe she would steal secret government data and sell it to the highest bidder? ( I had to think on that one) My relief is short lived-however-and quickly turns to I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE DIDN'T TELL ME SHE SUBMITTED MY NAME AS A REFERENCE IN A GOVERNMENT JOB!!!

Enough yelling for you? I tried to call her to yell at her, but since she's currently at work and security forbids her to have her cell phone with her, I can't vent at the source. Anyway, it was a fun little anecdote to my day.

Oh, and on yet another sidenote:
HAPPY GREY'S DAY!!

5 comments:

Sarah Jayne said...

Hey, it might be possible that she is just trying to get a security clearance and she had to list people she's known for a while. Either way she should probably of given you a heads up it might happen!

Our Crazy Family said...

You know what? It gets funnier every time I read it...LOL! Love ya!

SarahAnne said...

That's a funny story, but I mainly had to reply "Happy Grey's Day!" to you, too, my dearest (and only) Grey's buddy!!!! What did you think? Where was the whole, "I'm carrying your child" thing we saw on the commercials???? I HATE IT when they do that. Anyway, it was good to see everyone back...esp good, familiar McDreamy!

Unknown said...

Oh man, I would have freaked too!!

Anonymous said...

Don't you remember that I called you the day I was filling out the questionair and asked you for an address? Sorry, but you should only have freaked if you had something to hide :)