Tuesday, February 3

Party On

I know I'm very late in posting photos from Jeremy's birthday party. We celebrated his sixth birthday on the 24th, with a handful of friends. I called and asked my sweet nieces to join me for moral support, and then Angela came down with her two boys. It ended up being quite a houseful!

Jeremy chose a Star Wars theme, and we kicked off the party playing a pin the badge on Darth Vader. The kids thought it was great!

No real clear winners here, but everybody had a good time.

Janelle and Brooklyn. I am so grateful to live so close to the terHorst family. They're a wonderful addition to my life, and I don't know how I could get things done without them! I know that Brooklyn enjoys having some of her few 'girl cousins' near her.
The 'Pass the Death Star' game was short-lived. It's a version of hot potato, only with a latex balloon. I put in three small bouncy balls and some star shaped confetti. The 'death star' made the first few passes around the circle, and then popped in Jeremy's lap. I quickly switched out our trusty soccer ball, and the game continued.




The cake! I considered ordering a fancy bakery cake like I have in the past, but Jeremy really wanted to do a pinata. After I dropped $20 on the Darth Vader pinata, plus another $10 in candy to fill it, I couldn't justify the expense. The kids didn't seem to care, as they gobbled up the Duncan Hines version.

Angela, Josh, and Martin brought Star Wars figurines as their gift. Angela felt bad for my lonely cake, so we added the figures to the top for decoration. Jeremy loved it!

Blowing out the candles.

Kadon spent the majority of the afternoon being grumpy because it wasn't his birthday. I thought this picture was hysterical.
Presents!

Batman!


Kadon and Brooklyn got Jeremy a watch for his birthday. It is already lost somewhere in the house.

No comments: