Wednesday, February 18

Front and Back

This afternoon I got the kids lunch before I left for school. I was busily doing something in the kitchen when Jeremy got out a glass and the pitcher of water to get himself a drink. When I walked over to the table again, I was dismayed to see that Jeremy had gotten our largest cup from the cupboard and filled it nearly to the brim with water from my trusty Brita pitcher. I was instantly irritated, and informed him that regardless of how long it took, he would drink all of that water today.

Less than two minutes later, I hear the sound of water being dumped down the bathroom sink, and Jeremy walked out of the bathroom. Instantly, he was in trouble. I quickly banished him to time out, where he was when Mary got here. I sat at the table to quickly eat my lunch, and considered his punishment. I pulled out a piece of notebook paper and a pencil, and called Jeremy to my side.

Me: "Jeremy, I am going to write 'I am sorry' at the top of this paper so you know how to do it, and then I want you to fill this whole paper front and back with 'I am sorry'. Do you understand me?"

Jeremy: "Yes Mommy."

Me: "Now, you need to get started. I am going to stay here until you get a few done, so I can see that you're doing it right, and then I want the rest finished by the time I get home from school."

A few minutes later, I was in the living room getting my shoes on and transferring the appropriate textbooks and my wallet into my backpack. Jeremy came walking into the living room with his partially completed paper.

"Mommy, is this right?" He asked, holding out his paper.

I read the lines: I am sorry, I am sorry, sorry am I.

"Yes baby, but what is this?" I asked, pointing to the last line.

"Mommy, you said you wanted me to write it front and back!"

4 comments:

Kellie said...

He's a smart one, that boy!

SarahAnne said...

ROFL! That is the BEST! Were you able to keep a straight face? I wouldn't have been able to hold it in. What a smart kid!

Susan said...

SMART boy!! I didn't even think of that until he did ;)

Unknown said...

Hahahaha!