Friday, January 1

Picture Purge

Part of the reason I haven't been updating is because I have gotten so horrifically behind in posting pictures. I decided today to go ahead and post the ones I had wanted to center entire posts around, rather than continue to let them block my blogging efforts.

A few weeks ago, Kadon had his annual preschool Christmas concert. It was an absolutely insanely busy day, but it was fun to get together with families from his school, and it was a good start to a beautiful season. Here is a picture of Kadon with his favorite preschool teacher. We've been blessed to have her as part of our family for two years, and she's become an integral part of our lives.
Due to my ever-increasing schedule at school, I was forced to enroll the kids in daycare starting this Monday. The combination of daycare and tuition and preschool was too much for my monthly budget, so this concert was the closing of his tenure at Winnie the Pooh Preschool, and as Mrs. Haller's student. She and I both cried the last day I picked Kadon up from school, and I'm still sad that I won't be dropping him off into her loving care next week when school starts again. I truly hope we are lucky enough to find such a loving home in the daycare I've chosen.


This is the other teacher in Kadon's class, Mrs. Sullivan.
I was able to volunteer in Kadon's class the day all the kids made these shirts--it was fun, and a neat opportunity to meet the kids that Kadon is friends with.
Jeremy and Ammon shared a love of seafood that boggles my mind. Since Ammon's death, Jeremy has asked for various seafood delicacies on a regular basis, but my ignorance has prevented us from eating it. Seafood isn't something I eat often, and even if I were to eat it-I have no idea how to prepare most of it. I finally called John, a fellow seafood-lover, and asked him to host a seafood night for Jeremy and his family. He purchased a bunch of seafood, I contributed some cash, and they all got together to cook it all. Janice, John's wife and I, ate chicken while everybody else savored the seafood. Jeremy was so excited!
Brooklyn finally had her first haircut earlier this month. The stylist looks a bit cranky here, but she was actually very pleasant.
The haircut was mainly to trim off the super-fine and wispy baby hair on all the ends of her hair, and didn't change the shape or length much.
She's still sporting a pretty 'mullet' like hairstyle, with the hair on the top part of her head shorter than the hair near the nape of her neck. I'll spend the next several months keeping the hair at her neck trimmed until the hair on top of her head grows out, at which point I'll be able to do a more inventive style, or let it all grow out as one length. The joys of having a girl!

This last picture shows some of my best friends. The missionaries for my church, since I moved here, have been a huge part of my life. First the Elders, and after I moved-the Sisters. The come to my house on an extremely regular basis, and I generally provide some sort of food for them. In fact, I have become known as the food way-station for the missionaries in the area-I keep bubble gum on hand, my guacamole is legendary, and my popcorn is craved. They search for any and all excuses to come eat here-a fact I attribute more to their kindness and generosity than my superior cooking skills. This time, they were able to enjoy my favorite hot chocolate and some yummy popcorn. Missionaries rock!

No comments: