Thursday, January 14

Tomorrow

I leave in the morning for the land of surf and sunshine. After a cold snap in Florida, temperatures are scheduled to be in the 70's all weekend-I gleefully packed Capri's, tee shirts, and sandals into my small suitcase last night. I love and adore my children, and I will miss them. However, I am NOT sorry to be leaving behind the constant background noise they create, the demands they place on my night and day, and the responsibility of caring for them. It is a MUCH needed break, and one I have been anticipating for months.

Some of you will remember my trepidations about going to Florida last year. I have none of these feelings of fear or uncertainty this year. I know most of the people who will be there this year, and I can't wait to meet the people who don't.

I can't wait to go snorkeling.

I can't wait to get hugs.

I can't wait to laugh.

I can't wait to cry.

I can't wait to sleep in.

I can't wait to re-tell my story.

I can't wait to talk about Ammon.

I can't wait to walk on the beach.

I can't wait to swim in the ocean.

I can't wait to go to Florida!

6 comments:

Susan said...

GO and have lots of fun!!!

Jamie said...

How fun! I wish I was going somewhere warm!

Dominoe said...

HAVE FUN!!!

Laurel said...

look at where you've come this last year. God is good.

and I hope it's wondefully rejuvenating for you.

Camara said...

Im so glad you are doing this for yourself. This is such a great opportunity for you! Enjoy your time in the sunshine state!

Mimi Collett said...

Yay!!! Have fun! :)