Wednesday, February 24

Doctors

I hate waiting for doctors to call me back.

I still haven't heard anything from the doctor about the x-rays that Brooklyn had done last week, even though I've hounded them nearly every day. Yesterday afternoon I called and found out that the people from Radiology at the site we went to hadn't even faxed the results of her x-rays to our pediatrician. I'm beyond annoyed-and left a message for the radiology department saying as much. I left them alone today, but I'm going to call again tomorrow and demand some answers. It's been almost a week people, this is a little bit ridiculous.

***************************************************

For the last 2 nights I have actually gone to bed at a decent hour. The schoolwork seems to be letting up a bit for now-must be the calm before the storm. Finals are in about 3 weeks, so now we're in 'cram it all' mode where the professors scramble to get all the information in our heads before the quarter ends. It's always this point in the quarter where I start to get extremely weary and feel like I'm hanging on-white knuckled-just waiting for the ride to be over. I can't wait for spring break.

**************************************************

Last night I took the boys to a grief group that we attended very briefly the spring that Ammon died. It's a group geared specifically toward children aged 3-18, which means I have to find a babysitter for Brooklyn while we attend the sessions two times a month. The boys seemed pleased with it when we went almost 2 years ago, but I found it horrifically overwhelming and quickly made excuses to myself for never going back.

Fast forward to now, and the kids are all struggling in their own ways with our still new 'normal'. Kadon has developed a temper that is flash-fire and intense. I'm not sure how much of it is related to age, temperament, or grief-but I feel like it's important to explore every opportunity and avenue available to us to get the problem resolved. I don't expect miracles overnight, so I know we need to commit to attending this group for at least the foreseeable future before anything good will happen. We're blessed to have an amazing group of friends who are willing to help make this possible, which is a major incentive. Last night neither one of them had much to say other than 'it was fun', and 'Can we go back', but I wasn't expecting much more than that. For now, I'm satisfied to be moving in the right direction to deal with their ever-changing grief cycles.

1 comment:

Sara Richins said...

I'd be more than happy to watch Brooklyn so you guys can attend the meetings! Let me know when they are held! ~Sara R