Thursday, February 1

Jeremy's Dentist

Yesterday afternoon Jeremy visited the dentist for the very first time. I should have gotten some pictures of him sitting in the chair, but the thought escaped me until we were in the car on the way home. When we first arrived, I allowed the dental assistant to take Jeremy back to the room all by himself, but after a few minutes I couldn't stand the suspense of wondering how he was doing, so I made my way back to his side. When I arrived he was already situated in the chair, with the dentist and the dental assistant looking into his mouth. He allowed the dentist to poke each one of his teeth with the metal pick, and after talking to him for several minutes about his teeth, the dental assistant used some fruit punch flavored paste to polish his teeth. The only part of the whole procedure that seemed to bother him was the bright light shining in his eyes. Luckily, they had a pair of super cool sunglasses on hand for just such an occasion. Really, it was quite a sight to see my little boy in the dental chair, getting his teeth polished while wearing these enormous green and black sunglasses. He held very, very still through the whole process, and earned himself a special treat after dinner. I was so proud of my growing boy!

No comments: