Monday, February 12

Missing in Action

I know I've been very absent the last week or so, but we have had some very serious illness at our house. Both of the kids have come down with a particularly nasty virus the last week, and have been coughing so hard that Jeremy has thrown up several times. We had Kadon into the doctor both on Wednesday and on Friday, and on Friday they told us that he has a sinus infection, ear infection, virus, and his asthma sounds terrible at the moment. We assume that Jeremy has the same virus that Kadon has, but because he doesn't seem to have problems with ear infections, he doesn't have asthma, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a sinus infection, he has been a completely different kind of sick. Jeremy has run a fever the last three days of about 100 degrees, while Kadon hasn't had a fever at all. Also, Kadon hasn't coughed nearly as hard as his brother. Needless to say, we have kept very busy in the last week caring for them. Up until last night, my house was in shambles, and I hadn't cooked a real meal in several days. Last evening, things finally reached a breaking point, and I forced myself to prepare a large meal (which neither of the kids ate, of course) and scoured the house. I know that it was Sunday, and you're generally not supposed to do those sorts of things, but if my house didn't get cleaned and ordered, somebody was going to get hurt today! I am hoping that by tomorrow both of the kids are doing better, and that Jeremy is going to be able to go to Preschool so that Kadon and I can attend my Institute class. This house arrest idea is getting pretty old!

No comments: