Saturday, May 3

Work Day

We made waffles this morning, babe. I finally got some New Hope Mills pancake flour, something I know you had been wanting for a long time. I offered to make pancakes last night when we were getting ready for bed, and the kids actually seemed excited. This morning when I reminded Jeremy that I was making breakfast, he asked for waffles. I had intentionally planned on making pancakes, because waffles will always remind me of you. I went ahead and switched plans anyway, knowing that the ache of missing you would be intensified. The kids ate like piglets, love. You would have laughed hysterically at them. Kadon and Jeremy ate probably 6 sections from our belgian waffle iron, and your petite princess ate about one. Me? I had four, and was stuffed. Those boys baffle me, I wonder where they put it all.

Later this morning, we're headed up to your parent's house to work on the yard. You would have grumbled about it in the days leading up to today, but in the end we would have a really pleasant drive up there. We'd listen to the radio, talk, and you'd help me with the crossword. You'd cheerfully put in a full days work, and then eat with a gusto, maybe play a quick board game, and we'd be on our way. Happy and satisfied, we'd spend the evening relaxing and looking forward to church tomorrow. I miss you, babe. I miss all the little things that having a husband entails. I miss your smile, your gentle hands, and the sparkle in your eye. Nothing is quite the same without you.

Love,
Me

No comments: